Reproductive Health Care
Affordable, quality, confidential health care you can trust
Maine Family Planning is the state’s first and largest reproductive rights organization, providing affordable, quality reproductive health care services statewide. We see patients of any age, gender, and income level; Maine Family Planning clinic staff treat all clients with respect and caring.
Reproductive Health Care Services Include:
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Gynecological, pelvic, and breast exams
- Pap smears and Colposcopy
- Birth control methods and supplies
- Emergency contraception
- STD and HIV Testing, STD treatment, and PrEP for HIV prevention
- Testing and treatment of urinary, vaginal and sexually transmitted infections
- Preconception Counseling
- Referrals for adoptions
- Abortion care
NEW Family Planning Benefit
Maine Family Planning is pleased to inform our patients about Maine’s new Family Planning Benefit program. The program is available to legal Maine residents of childbearing age (male and female) including teens, who have an individual income of $25,205 or less annually. Eligibility for this program is based on individual income, not household income.
The Family Planning Benefit program provides limited coverage for family planning services such as:
- Pregnancy testing and preconception counseling
- Birth control methods, including emergency contraception
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Annual gynecological exams
- Screening for cervical cancer, and if needed, repeat Pap tests and colposcopies.
Patients who qualify for Maine’s Family Planning Benefit program can receive covered family planning services at no cost. Applications are available at all Maine Family Planning clinics also HERE and your local DHHS office. Fill out the application; bring it with you to your appointment with identification and four (4) weeks' worth of pay stubs.
Looking for information on reproductive health topics? Click here.