Join Our Team
Float Medical Assistant
We are seeking a full-time, hourly (37.5 hours per week) Medical Assistant for our Central, Western, and Mid-Coast sites.
The primary role of this position is to assist family planning providers in the delivery of administrative and clinical duties. Candidate must have the capability to be flexible with their schedule. This position involves a signficant amount of travel.
Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA guidelines
Experience working with electronic medical records preferred
WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
The WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor is a support person who gives basic breastfeeding information and encouragement to WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. This is a part-time, grant funded position for 5 hours per week in Ellsworth.
- Has preferably successfully breastfed at least one infant for at least 6 months (does not have to be currently breastfeeding).
- Is enthusiastic about breastfeeding and wants to help breastfeeding mothers enjoy a positive experience.
- Agrees to work the part-time hours required for the position.
- Completes the training sessions required to become and continue as a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- After completion of BFPC training, observes other peer counselors or lactation consultants (for at least one-half day) as they help mothers with breastfeeding. Reads assigned books, views DVD’s and material about breastfeeding.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment with WIC clients.
Benefits for each position vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:Alissa Boynton, Human Resources ManagerMaine Family PlanningP.O. Box 587Augusta, ME 04332
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.