Director of WIC
Candidate is responsible for all oversight and direction of Maine Family Planning’s WIC program for Washington and Hancock County. This is a full-time exempt position.
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field such as public health or social services.
- 1-2 years diverse experience working in related field.
- Staff management and supervision experience.
- Must be able to develop, maintain and be part of a program-wide team.
- Good verbal and writing skills, able to relate to others.
- Strong decision-making and communication skills.
- Initiative, adaptability and proven ability to work under stress.
- Excellent communication skills and experience writing and speaking to diverse audiences.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated passion for WIC program.
- Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel.
Site Administrative Coordinator
Maine Family Planning is seeking a Float Site Administrative Coordinator. This is a 30 hour a week position located in our mid-coast and central clinics. This position is Monday through Thursday.
Position Summary: The Site Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the administration of all the front desk responsibilities of the office.
- A minimum of two years of college.
- Two years working in social/health services one of which must include coordinator responsibilities or equivalent within family planning system.
- Ability to be organized, manage systems, computer skills.
- Commitment to family planning and abortion care services.
Call Center Representatives
Maine Family Planning is hiring Call Center Representatives. This is a full-time position. No weekends or nights involved. Consider joining our dynamic team of professionals!
Position Summary: The Call Center Representative will act as a point of contact for patients by phone and acts as a role model for customer service.
- A minimum of two years of college preferred
- Two years working in social/health services with knowledge of health care system and family planning system preferred
- Ability to be organized, manage systems, computer skills
- Experience with Electronic Practice Management system preferred
- Proficiency in keyboarding, application of a variety of moderate complex computer PC software and office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, multi-line phone, etc.)
- Strong understanding of data entry and the ability to integrate multiple applications of information systems
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance
- Evidence of strong customer service skills and experience
- Ability to act with dignity and respect for all customers, both internally and externally
- Effective oral and written communications skills that convey a caring and competent professional attitude. Must be able to interview patients to obtain pertinent medical information necessary to accurately assign clinical personnel based on their medical condition.
- Strong organization skills necessary to efficiently prioritize and complete a variety of tasks
- Ability to set priorities; flexibility to meet changing patient and system needs
This hours and location of this position is to be determined. Position can be flexible based on candidates location in Maine. MFP has 18 clinic sites.
Benefits for each position vary but may include: health insurance, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.