Join Our Team
Maine Family planning is seeking a part-time Medical Assistant to work at our Bangor, Ellsworth and Belfast clinics. This position is 3 days a week in both family planning and primary care.
Position Summary: The Medical Assistant, as part of the health care team, will assist family planning providers in the delivery of administrative and clinical duties including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, rooming patients, vitals, and documentation in the EMR per clinic protocol, processing refill requests, assisting with in-office examinations and procedures, phlebotomy, injections, and administering medications as directed by medical provider. Candidate must be able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant training program preferred
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience working in a Medical Assisting capacity preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA guidelines
- Experience working with electronic medical records preferred
Call Center Representative
Maine Family planning is seeking a full-time Call Center Representative. This position is M-F, hours and location to be determined.
Position Summary: The Call Center Representative will act as a point of contact for patients by phone and acts as a role model for customer service.
- A minimum of two years of college preferred
- Two years working in social/health services with knowledge of health care system and family planning system preferred
- Ability to be organized, manage systems, computer skills
- Experience with Electronic Practice Management system preferred
- Proficiency in keyboarding, application of a variety of moderate complex computer PC software and office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, multi-line phone, etc.)
- Strong understanding of data entry and the ability to integrate multiple applications of information systems
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance
- Evidence of strong customer service skills and experience
- Ability to act with dignity and respect for all customers, both internally and externally
- Effective oral and written communications skills that convey a caring and competent professional attitude. Must be able to interview patients to obtain pertinent medical information necessary to accurately assign clinical personnel based on their medical condition
- Strong organization skills necessary to efficiently prioritize and complete a variety of task.
- Ability to set priorities; flexibility to meet changing patient and system needs.
Site Administrative Coordinator
Maine Family Planning is seeking a Site Administrative Coordinator. This is a 22.50 hour a week position located in our Farmington and Rumford clinics. This position is Tuesdays and Fridays in Farmington and Wednesdays in Rumford.
Position Summary: The Site Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the administration of all the front desk responsibilities of the office.
- A minimum of two years of college.
- Two years working in social/health services one of which must include coordinator responsibilities or equivalent within family planning system.
- Ability to be organized, manage systems, computer skills.
- Commitment to family planning and abortion care services.
Benefits for each position vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:Alissa Boynton, Human Resources ManagerMaine Family PlanningP.O. Box 587Augusta, ME 04332
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.